Who Are the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia?
We are a congregation of approximately 425 Catholic women religious who:
- choose a Gospel way of life lived in community
- are dedicated to serving others, especially those who are economically poor, marginal, and oppressed
- minister in the United States in approximately 24 states as well as Europe and Africa
- serve in a variety of ministries and settings
- we follow the values of the Third Order Regular Franciscans
Interested in touring our Motherhouse?
On the 4th Tuesday of each month at 1 P.M. a short historical presentation and tour of the first floor buildings and chapel is conducted. If you are interested in a tour, please call the receptionist at (610) 459-4125 to provide your name, phone number in case we need to cancel, and the number of family members or friends who will attend. Your hosts will be Sr. Kathleen Parisi, OSF, and several other sisters who live at the motherhouse. (If Tuesday is not a good day for you, you can call Sr. Kathleen at (610) 558-7714, firstname.lastname@example.org, to select a date and time for a group tour for at least six people. Tours may be scheduled Monday through Friday.)
"We are willing to take the necessary risks to be a healing, compassionate presence in our violent world, especially with women, children, and those who have no voice."
Blog with sisters: